Did you mean: 
lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III

Displaying Millions symbol when axis still has 000's

How can I make my Millions symbol display, without using a 000's symbol

this is what my chart looks like

Ms.png

When I take K's out of thousands, and Add 'M' into millions, nothing happens, and my numbers expand on the axis to the true value. I.E. 1500 goes to 1,500,000. I believe this is an issue because there are values that are less than a million. How can I get my axis to show .5, 1, 1.5 and the top be 'M'....

10 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

num(YourExpression)/1000000 , '$#,##0.00 M')

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That Formula, coupled with my expression, did not work:

=NUM(IF(CurYTDFlag = '1', Furnishings)/1000000, '$#,##0.00 M')

I have two expressions in my chart.

Ms.png

It's causing the %'s on the Secondary axis to be way higher than they should be, and I didn't even change the formatting for that expression. Also, it did not add M's to signify Millions on the left axis...

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

MillionsSymbol.JPG

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
MK9885
Master II
Master II

It will not add M to the Axis, instead it will add M to the data points on your trend line (if you show values on data points)

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is great, but how are you getting the values on your axis to switch to millions. They still are represented by full value i.e. 1,500,000 ; 1,000,000 ; 500,000

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ms.png

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You will need to divide them /1000000

Just FYI: When you use formatting functions with your expression like NUM(sum(Expression3)/100,'M$#,##0')

you should check Expression Default in the Number formatting tab(the top most option button) for the formatting to take effect.

So two options

1)  use NUM(sum(Expression3)/100,'M$#,##0') in expression and check Expression Default

2) Normal Expression/1000000  and Check Money formatting and add 'M$'  manually to symbol.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Again, this method does NOT work with my data.

I have two expressions:

EXPRESSION 1:

IF(CurYTDFlag = 1, FURNISHINGS)

EXPRESSION 2:

=(COUNT({<[Var1_Dummy] = {'0'}, Var2_dummy = {'1'}, Var3_Dummy = {'1'},  Type = {'Vehicle/Home EQ', 'Financial Card'}, Month -= {$(vCurrentMonth)}, CurYTDFlag = {'1'}>} Pkey) +

COUNT({<Var4Dummy = {'1'}, Month -= {$(vCurrentMonth)}, CurYTDFlag = {'1'}>}[Control Number])) / (Furnishings)

View:

Ms.png

Changing EXPRESSION 1:

(IF(CurYTDFlag = 1, FURNISHINGS))/1000000

Results in:

Ms2.png

Why is changing the value on ONE axis affecting the values on another? Why is it muliplying my % by 1,000,000. I have in no way altered the formatting of the right axis, or the expression..

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I changed my second expression to:

=((COUNT({<[Var1_Dummy] = {'0'}, Var2_dummy = {'1'}, Var3_Dummy = {'1'},  Type = {'Vehicle/Home EQ', 'Financial Card'}, Month -= {$(vCurrentMonth)}, CurYTDFlag = {'1'}>} Pkey) +

COUNT({<Var4Dummy = {'1'}, Month -= {$(vCurrentMonth)}, CurYTDFlag = {'1'}>}[Control Number])) / (Furnishings) ) / 1000000

and it formatted it back to .4%, .5%, .6%

but why does changing one expression affecting the axis of a totally different expression, that is formatted a different way. it multiplied the other axis by 1,000,000 when I divided the first expression. is this a bug in qlikview?