Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying data points in a pie chart as a percentage of the whole pie.

Hello All;

I have an elementary question to ask you all.

I have a pie chart in QlikView that breaks down a data series by a variety of expressions. I need to display the percentage of each expression's pie as a percentage of the whole pie. This is extremely easy to achieve in MS Excel but I am not able to figure out how to do it in QlikView.

Can someone help me out? I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Regards;

Al Parikh

Health Share of Oregon.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

When you say a variety of expressions, what do you mean? Do you have a sample file?  Generally if you want a percentage of a whole you can use TOTAL.  For example Sum(Volume)/Sum(TOTAL Volume) for the percentage of total volume by sales rep (see attached).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

When you say a variety of expressions, what do you mean? Do you have a sample file?  Generally if you want a percentage of a whole you can use TOTAL.  For example Sum(Volume)/Sum(TOTAL Volume) for the percentage of total volume by sales rep (see attached).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca;

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. I reviewed your qvw file and it looks great. I can see how you were able to get the percentages. However, I am unable to duplicate your method.

Can you please review my test Excel sheet with 12 rows of data? Basically, I want to compute the sum and percentage of "Number of Claims" for each partner.

I have also attached my test qvw file where I have set my "Dimension" as Partner and have created a pie chart object but with no results.

Thank you again. I greatly appreciate your help.

Regards;

Al.

Not applicable
Author

You were just missing a couple parentheses in your expression.  See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Rebecca. Your solution worked like a charm !!!!

I appreciate your help very much.

Regards;

Al.