Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Displaying data points in a pie chart as a percentage of the whole pie.

Hello All;

I have an elementary question to ask you all.

I have a pie chart in QlikView that breaks down a data series by a variety of expressions. I need to display the percentage of each expression's pie as a percentage of the whole pie. This is extremely easy to achieve in MS Excel but I am not able to figure out how to do it in QlikView.

Can someone help me out? I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Regards;

Al Parikh

Health Share of Oregon.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Displaying data points in a pie chart as a percentage of the whole pie.

When you say a variety of expressions, what do you mean? Do you have a sample file?  Generally if you want a percentage of a whole you can use TOTAL.  For example Sum(Volume)/Sum(TOTAL Volume) for the percentage of total volume by sales rep (see attached).

4 Replies
Not applicable

When you say a variety of expressions, what do you mean? Do you have a sample file?  Generally if you want a percentage of a whole you can use TOTAL.  For example Sum(Volume)/Sum(TOTAL Volume) for the percentage of total volume by sales rep (see attached).

Not applicable

Hi Rebecca;

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. I reviewed your qvw file and it looks great. I can see how you were able to get the percentages. However, I am unable to duplicate your method.

Can you please review my test Excel sheet with 12 rows of data? Basically, I want to compute the sum and percentage of "Number of Claims" for each partner.

I have also attached my test qvw file where I have set my "Dimension" as Partner and have created a pie chart object but with no results.

Thank you again. I greatly appreciate your help.

Regards;

Al.

Not applicable

You were just missing a couple parentheses in your expression.  See attached.

Not applicable

Thank you Rebecca. Your solution worked like a charm !!!!

I appreciate your help very much.

Regards;

Al.