Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying the default value of a list box dynamically

Hi Every one,

I have a small query. I have a list box with year values in it. For that list box I have to keep a default value for the Year based on the Current Year in the Calendar year field.

Actually I have hard coded it with the steps.

Settings->Document Properties->Triggers->OnOpen

In that I have set the Field Value of Year to F13.

But the question is I have to display the value of Year based on the current year in the Calendar Year Field.
Can you guys , help me in building an expression for displaying the default value dynamically.

The Data looks like the one mentioned below.

Capture_qlikview.PNG

Many Thanks,

Surendra

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If I'm understanding correctly, I think you could get away with using Set Analysis in your Expression for the value you want to hold in the list box. Applying a condition on your set analysis should make it dynamic.

Hope that is helpful.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Surendra,

Not sure if I got your question right. Assuming that what you want is to dynamically select current year in the field [Calendar Year], add a new action on open, select in field, [Calendar Year] and search string

=Year(Today())

Is that what you are looking for?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

That was the context of the question. How ever I got a different question now. I need to display the default year such that if the

current date falls under 01-April-(year)  to 31-March-(year+1), the default financial year has to be displayed as (year+1).

Can you help me in developing expression that displays the value of the year accordingly.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Use the InYearToDate() function as in this example:

=InYearToDate('01/04/2012', '31/03/2012', 0, 4)

Where the first parameter is the date, the second the end of the year, the third (0) shows this year, next year (1), previous year (-1), and the fourth (4) in which natural month the year starts (April in this case). The example above will return 0 (false) because is not on this fiscal year, but

=InYearToDate('01/01/2012', '31/03/2012', 0, 4)

will return -1 (true) because it's on this fiscal year

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

That sounds like a good idea.

I don't think we can hard code the date expression. The Year(Financial Year) has to be displayed checking the current date to fall in the range( 01-April-(year)  to 31-March-(year+1)) . Please can you help me in making the expression.

Thanks,

Surendra

Not applicable
Author

Guys,

Can any one help me regarding this

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Why you don't create this as a field in your calendar script with two possible values 1 and 0, for example, so you will select 1 meaning all dates in current fiscal year and 0 otherwise?

Hope that helps.

Miguel