Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying the top ranked value of a field?

Hi all -

I would like make a text box to return the top and bottom values in a few fields ranked according to the following formula (which is essentially the difference between two years' datasets):

(sum({<[PE Year]={'2015'}>} Amounts)-sum({<[PE Year]={'2014'}>} Amounts))

I would like to see the top (greatest) and bottom (least) value in the field "Contract", "Account", and "Manager" - as in, return the values in those fields, not the value of the above formula.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

5 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have you tried with

Max(Formula) and Min(Formula)

but what about putting the result into fields?

Tell me more please

Not applicable
Author

I have not tried that, but that's a good idea.  How would I go about returning the values in those fields though?  Won't the MAX/MIN functions only return the maximum value of the equation I give it?

The equation is comparing the difference in amounts between two entire datasets.  I would like to return the single largest and smallest values (that is, the values with the biggest and smallest differences between the two datasets) for Contract, Account, and Manager.

My apologies, this may be a very easy question to answer, but this is the first time I've tried a function like this.

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I shoult try with

Max((sum({<[PE Year]={'2015'}>} Amounts)-sum({<[PE Year]={'2014'}>} Amounts))) for example

Not applicable
Author

But won't that only return the maximum value of the difference between the two datasets, and not constrain it the fields I'm interested in?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Couldn't you send a test document?

Monday morning I'll take a look ...