Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying values that are not associated with the selected object

Hi there QlikViewers,

I am very unexperienced with QV, so please bear with me. I've tried searching for a solution but haven't found one.

The problem we have is this:

When the user selects a customer, we want to display a table with products associated with that customer. But also ALL the other products, that are not associated with said customer (the variable names would be sufficient since they have no values). The reason is because we want to be able to see which products the customer is currently not using. To show both would be a fast and easy way of making that comparison (the product list is not that long).

I expect (hope?!) that the solution to this issue is relatively easy to implement and that I am just unable to find the right control. Am I right?

Thank you for your help. Please ask questions if there is anything I need to clarify.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see. What you could use is {1} in your expression, that way it ignores the selection.

Something like

=Sum({1}Sales)

But this way it goes for all your selections.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Philip,

What you can try is to check the box "Show A Vallues" at Settings for Selected Dimension on the Dimension tab.

Hope this works for you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dennisnet, thank you for trying to help.

We have tried that - it doesn't work. The table does not change at all when that box is checked.

However, I suspect that would be the intended function of that checkbox, so maybe there is a setting somewhere that overrides it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think I got it;

Also uncheck the function "Supress Zero-Values" on the presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much! That was exactly what we were looking for.

Not applicable
Author

On second thought, we're not enirely there yet. It now works as long as no customer is selected. The table shows all products (even those which NO customers have - just as it should be) as long as no customer is selected.

When a customer is selected the unchecking of the boxes "Supress Zero-Values" and "Supress Missing Values" (or whatever the translation is - I have QV in Swedish) doesn't seem to have any effect. The products that are unassociated with the selected customer are not being displayed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see. What you could use is {1} in your expression, that way it ignores the selection.

Something like

=Sum({1}Sales)

But this way it goes for all your selections.

Not applicable
Author

Ah, I see. Thank you!

This time I am more certain that it works as we want it to