Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Document CAL discussion

During one discussion, one of the user put this question.

They faced one issue wherein they had 200 QV cals and 130 were assigned.

They checked it another day and found all the 200 CALs were unused.

So how to check what happened? what's the approach i should follow?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

One copy can be found in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.

The other copy can be found in the QlikView Server Document root. I have no idea how you configured your server so you should either check the QMC, or - even simpeler - open Windows Explorer on your server and enter CalData.pgo in the seach box in the top right corner. Then press Enter and let Explorer search for all copies of that file. Remember to unhide C:\ProgramData if you didn't already do so.

Backups can be found on the media on which you make backups. If you don't make backups of your important files, then you're out of luck. Better initiate a backup strategy and include your Document root (including QVW documents, data and shared files) and the ProgramData\QlikTech folder.

See here for more info on what to backup: Backup and upgrade preparation - QlikView

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

CAL assignments are stored in CalData.pgo, which is available in two copies in the ProgramData\QlikTech tree. If those files become corrupt, all asignments are lost and the pgo file is zeroed out.

Do you have backups of these important files? One copy usually resides in your document root and should be backup up together with your publised documents.

shiveshsingh
Master
Master
Author

Hello Peter

Thanks for the comments, please let me know where can i find those two copies?

ProgramData\QlikTech tree. And where can i find the backups?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

One copy can be found in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.

The other copy can be found in the QlikView Server Document root. I have no idea how you configured your server so you should either check the QMC, or - even simpeler - open Windows Explorer on your server and enter CalData.pgo in the seach box in the top right corner. Then press Enter and let Explorer search for all copies of that file. Remember to unhide C:\ProgramData if you didn't already do so.

Backups can be found on the media on which you make backups. If you don't make backups of your important files, then you're out of luck. Better initiate a backup strategy and include your Document root (including QVW documents, data and shared files) and the ProgramData\QlikTech folder.

See here for more info on what to backup: Backup and upgrade preparation - QlikView

shiveshsingh
Master
Master
Author

Thanks for info