Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II

Document Chaining

Hi everyone,

We developed a application which has huge data & results to the application size 1.2 GB. So, we are planning to use document chaining on Region field. The below are the points of the existing data model & application.

• Data model contains all the Regions data and contains all the users (No section access in the reports)
  • We are taking binary load of data model into the application & created the UI.
  • Filters section contains Region field.

Now we are thinking to break the applications by Region (4 Regions). If User selects Region'A', the application should contains the data releated to Region 'A', if user selcest 'B', it should drive to another application which contains Region 'B' data with all the possible selections that are selected in previous application.

Please let me know how to accomplish this.

Thanks In Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can do that using 'Open QlikView Document'. However, since, one user would be directed to multiple qvws, users would require  multiple Doc CALs. And if the users are with Named CAL, it would not matter.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

This could have been done easily with Publisher. If you don't have that, you could reduce the data (using qv desktop feature) creating multiple apps and controll access using QMC. This way you would not require extra process you are thinking of. And to let you know, yes, what you are proposing - is possible too.

polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you please explain me, how to create multiple applications by Region without changing anything at the script level.

Now I am using binary load of data model which contains all the Regions data and I need 4 applications without change in data model.So I need to take binary load of full data model and then I need to filter data for one Region.

Thanks

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Follw the below steps:

• Make a copy the original qvw
  • Clear All -> Select 'Region1' from Region field
  • File->Reduce Data-> Keep Possible Values
  • Save as 'Region 1'.qvw (or so)
  • Repeat the reduction procedure for all the rest three regions
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks,

So, first I need to create different applications by Region & then by using "Open QlikView Docment" action" I can transfer to different qvw's. Right ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not really. What if you give access (CAL assignment in QMC) to Region1. qvw to users of Region1, and so on for other regions people. That is people will see app that has their region data.

polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Here, we don't have any section access in the reports. All the User's will have access to all the Regions. If user selects Region 'A' it will directs to Region A app, if same user clicks Region 'B', it should directs to another application.

Can we do this ??

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can do that using 'Open QlikView Document'. However, since, one user would be directed to multiple qvws, users would require  multiple Doc CALs. And if the users are with Named CAL, it would not matter.

aniketsr
Creator
Creator

Hi I had a small question on this suppose the user selects region1 , in the second app when we use open qlikview document all the region's will also be available it's just that the region selection from one document is transferred to another document. Is there any way we can transfer the selection from one document to another and freeze the second application for only that specific region.