cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Security Basics

Grretings All,

I'm trying to invoke some basic security that accomplishes the following:

I have a listbox element that shows some analysis options, that when users click on a specific analysis ("Math Breakdown", for instance), there are conditionals setup in the layout of graphs and tables that selectively show based on the selected analysis.  That's working perfectly.

My problem is, when a user logs in as "staff", I don't want them seeing a particular item in the listbox, specifically "Year-To-Year Comparison".

I have the following Section Access and Section Application elements in my code, but the result is that the "Year-To-Year Comparison" is visible to staff and admin users alike.

Where am I making my rookie error here?  : )

Section Access;
Load * inline
[ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD,OMIT

ADMIN,admin,[password omitted]
USER,staff,[password omitted],Year-To-Year Comparison
];

Section Application;
OAA_Analysis:
LOAD * INLINE [
    OAA_Analysis
    Student Overview
    Math Breakdown
    Reading Breakdown
    Science Breakdown
    Year-To-Year Comparison
];

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I believe OMIT is used to remove a complete field from the data model for that user, not single values from the field.

But you can state the FIELDNAME instead of the OMIT, and then definde the values to reduce the field to for each user, doing this repeatingly or using star symbol * if you want more than one value available for one user.

Note sure if you know the document explaining section access:

http://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/1853-102-2-2099/Introduction_to_Section_A...

Ah, and take care of the UPPERCASE names using section access.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I believe OMIT is used to remove a complete field from the data model for that user, not single values from the field.

But you can state the FIELDNAME instead of the OMIT, and then definde the values to reduce the field to for each user, doing this repeatingly or using star symbol * if you want more than one value available for one user.

Note sure if you know the document explaining section access:

http://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/1853-102-2-2099/Introduction_to_Section_A...

Ah, and take care of the UPPERCASE names using section access.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

To enable the OMIT in your Section Access, you should check/do this.

On your QlikView desktop application, go

Settings ---- Document Properties---- Opening,

check the box of "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access"

Note: OMIT option is to omit the whole Field, not a single value of that field.