Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvisha
Creator II
Creator II

Does Qlik Store data Internally?

I have a data connection to SQL server which have sensitive data.

1. I want to know when I connect using Qlik , will qlik create a copy of this data internally and store it in repository. Is this encrypted or it can be accessed?

2. Can anyone not having access to the SQL DB, but access to app can access this data.

Thank You,

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Qlik will store these data internally and they are not encrypted - but you could with Section-Access control who get access to these data.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

With section access you could limit either rows as well as columns - to control the columns you need to exclude them within OMIT.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Qlik will store these data internally and they are not encrypted - but you could with Section-Access control who get access to these data.

- Marcus

tvisha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for your answer. 

With Section Access we can limit the data in rows. Can we limit the columns. Eg. Certain users can see the address, phone no of a person but not all.

Thanks

marcus_sommer

With section access you could limit either rows as well as columns - to control the columns you need to exclude them within OMIT.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

In addition to Marcus' comments, here are some links that will be helpful:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

Those should come in handy while working upon things.  There is also the Scrambling tab in the Settings\Document Properties of the app that contains the sensitive data where you can scramble the values, but that is going to do so for everyone, so if some folks need to see it, that will not work.  The OMIT system field in Section Access should be the way to go per Marcus' comments.  

Be sure to give Marcus credit as well by using the Accept as Solution button on his post(s) that helped, you can mark more than one response as the solution if multiple ones did help.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.