Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does admin(user) rights is required in document with section access

Hi All,

I don't have the admin user in my section access part. As per the document it says that admin user have the authority to restrict edit script,reload,save,etc options for the non admin user. But i admin user is not there in my document. Is there is any way to reduce restrict the user from accessing edit script,reload,save,etc options. Is it must that all the document with section access must have the admin user to restrict the non admin user? As currently we don't want the admin rights in our document.

Also let me know is it necessary that user name should only be 'admin' for the admin user. Can't it be with different name. Something like vadmin or administrator???

Hope some one will let me know the best possible way.

116 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1. With section access user with no admin access can't reload, save, moving object or accessing edit script. Please check in the document properties for user privileges.

2. If you using section access then you MUST have ADMIN access, without this then you will unable to reload, edit script, etc..

3. the name for ADMIN access can be different, it is not always using admin. But please note, for ACCESS field must ADMIN for admin.

please read carefully at reference manual (Page 515, QlikView 8.50 Reference Manual ENG)

thank you...

*Sulistiyo

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1. With section access user with no admin access can't reload, save, moving object or accessing edit script. Please check in the document properties for user privileges. --> You can check the attached document. I am able to reload, save and almost everything in my document. In think i did not describe both admin/user. I am not at all comfortable with section access and admin filteration. Hope you will be the right person to help me out here in the following post.

Let me know what value was loaded in access field of my document. I don't have any idea how it works also. Some one in the forum sent the script according to my data model and it starting working. So please help me out for this.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/25323.aspx

2. If you using section access then you MUST have ADMIN access, without this then you will unable to reload, edit script, etc.. --> Please refer the above reply.

3. the name for ADMIN access can be different, it is not always using admin. But please note, for ACCESS field must ADMIN for admin. --> May be i don't know. I need to work on security related things as it gives me trouble so many ways.

please read carefully at reference manual (Page 515, QlikView 8.50 Reference Manual ENG) --> Is it different when compared to the qlikview 9.0??? If yes please let me know. Because i had gone through it but did not got the solution which i wanted thats why i am asking you.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

hi..

you have missed the point on how to use section access. You dont have any access as ADMIN, you only have access as USER. Yes, you can still access edit script, reload, etc this is because you did not set user privileges in document properties. Try to open the document that you post here..and open this Setting - Document Properties - Security. Can you find any Security tab? The security tab is not shown in your document because you accessing as USER not as ADMIN.

Please...read carefully on reference manual...

Not applicable
Author

Hi

you have missed the point on how to use section access --> I didn't get where i missed out??? Please tell clearly.

Yes, you can still access edit script, reload, etc this is because you did not set user privileges in document properties. --> Let me know how to set the privileges properties. I don't know how to do that.

The security tab is not shown in your document because you accessing as USER not as ADMIN. --> I have not defined user also then how come i am accessing the document as user???

Please...read carefully on reference manual... --> Yes i had gone through but it is not helping. Because in the document they are using inline function but where as in my document i cant use inline because the value keep changing. Also i don't have any column in my database which says who is user and who is admin. So just got confused whether do i need to load the data normally as well as using inline. So much of confusion likes this. If you spend some time with my document and give practical solution according to my document i can learn easily.

I don't have any idea how the below script works. Especially this column 'USER' as [ACCESS]. Requesting you to explain the code script right from the basic.

Section Access;

SecurityTable: LOAD

'USER' as [ACCESS], userid as USERID, upper(password) as PASSWORD, account as [account code], mfaccode as [mfaccode]
RESIDENT items;

Section Application;

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

dsjain wrote:
Hi
you have missed the point on how to use section access --> I didn't get where i missed out??? Please tell clearly. --> the ACCESS field and in the document properties for user privileges setting

Yes, you can still access edit script, reload, etc this is because you did not set user privileges in document properties. --> Let me know how to set the privileges properties. I don't know how to do that. --> try to use new document and go to document properties, you'll find the security tab. In this tab you can specified the right for user, if you select all then off course user will have the rights to reload, save, etc.

The security tab is not shown in your document because you accessing as USER not as ADMIN. --> I have not defined user also then how come i am accessing the document as user??? --> yes u have defined user and only user, you not defined admin to access.

Please...read carefully on reference manual... --> Yes i had gone through but it is not helping. Because in the document they are using inline function but where as in my document i cant use inline because the value keep changing. Also i don't have any column in my database which says who is user and who is admin. So just got confused whether do i need to load the data normally as well as using inline. So much of confusion likes this. If you spend some time with my document and give practical solution according to my document i can learn easily.
I don't have any idea how the below script works. Especially this column 'USER' as [ACCESS]. Requesting you to explain the code script right from the basic.
<blockquote><pre>
Section Access;

'USER' as [ACCESS], userid as USERID, upper(password) as PASSWORD, account as [account code], mfaccode as [mfaccode]
RESIDENT items;

Section Application;// 'USER' as [ACCESS] ====> in here you defined user only, you dont have admin. The content for this field is only USER.

It's not a problem if u using table from database. But you must defined ADMIN and USER in the ACCESS field.
For your case to have ADMIN access you must do like this:

Section Access;

RESIDENT items;

// Inline table for admin
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, account code, mfaccode
ADMIN, ADMINLOG, ADMINLOG
];

Section Application;

As you see I put new inline table inside "Section Access". The name of the field is the same and because of this it will auto concatenate with the table from ur database. Now you have ADMIN access.But..dont forget to specify the user right in Document Properties - Security (User Privileges), without this the admin and user will have the same right.

regards

Sulistiyo

Not applicable
Author

no responses

bye

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dwi Sulistiyo!

I am really sorry i didn't checked it yet that why not responded you back. Got struck with some urgent work. Will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi

you have missed the point on how to use section access --> I didn't get where i missed out??? Please tell clearly. --> the ACCESS field and in the document properties for user privileges setting--> Still i am not sure where and what i have missed out. Please tell me clearly

Yes, you can still access edit script, reload, etc this is because you did not set user privileges in document properties. --> Let me know how to set the privileges properties. I don't know how to do that. --> try to use new document and go to document properties, you'll find the security tab. In this tab you can specified the right for user, if you select all then off course user will have the rights to reload, save, etc. --> Ok, you mean we can give the user rights here. But where as in my case there is no admin. Is there is any way to restrict the user from accessing options like edit script, reload and etc if admin is not there and not required. How can I play the role of admin without admin user????

The security tab is not shown in your document because you accessing as USER not as ADMIN.--> I have not defined user also then how come i am accessing the document as user??? --> yes u have defined user and only user, you not defined admin to access. --> You mean that i have defined the user like this 'USER' as [ACCESS]. Then as per you if i want to define the admin user then do i need to write the script like below one???

'USER' 'ADMIN' as [ACCESS]

It's not a problem if u using table from database. But you must defined ADMIN and USER in the ACCESS field --> If i want to define the ADMIN along with
USER do i need to do the changes in the script like that above one???

<blockquote><pre>
Section Access;

RESIDENT items;

// Inline table for admin
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, account code, mfaccode
ADMIN, ADMINLOG, ADMINLOG
];

Section Application;

If i use the above script and reload the data my document is not even getting opened. Let me know whats wrong?? Is that because admin is not there
in the access(USER' as [ACCESS])

But..dont forget to specify the user right in Document
Properties - Security (User Privileges), without this the admin and
user will have the same right. --> Currently i am not able to see the security tab in the document properties. Let me know why it is missing and if i want to
see the security tab in the document properties what has to be done for that???

Please reply me back with some solution at the earliest! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dwi Sulistiyo,

I am waiting for your reply. Please give some solution as soon as possible.

Regards,

Rikab