Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does admin(user) rights is required in document with section access

Hi All,

I don't have the admin user in my section access part. As per the document it says that admin user have the authority to restrict edit script,reload,save,etc options for the non admin user. But i admin user is not there in my document. Is there is any way to reduce restrict the user from accessing edit script,reload,save,etc options. Is it must that all the document with section access must have the admin user to restrict the non admin user? As currently we don't want the admin rights in our document.

Also let me know is it necessary that user name should only be 'admin' for the admin user. Can't it be with different name. Something like vadmin or administrator???

Hope some one will let me know the best possible way.

116 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan!

Thanks for your help. I will check and get back to you. For your information put the code in between

<pre> [ /code] No space between [ and / when you are closing the tag
. It will looks better. This is just for your information. Don't mistake!

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan!

When i tried to load the data using the script provided by it throws the following error. I have faced this error in my past but don't remember the causes and solution for the same. Please check whether you can help me out here.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan!

I am able to load the data when i remove the brackets as shown below. But after loading the data when i tried to login with the provided admin login and user login both fails. I got the below given message. Do you have any idea where we are going wrong. I think it will be better if you check the same before giving the solution to me so that problem is understandable for both of us easily. Thanks for your effort!

Note: Error message

The document E:\Qlikview\Application\SASLogin\vpdpl_login.qvw failed to load

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

I am not very sure whether you have ever read the manual. Please note that to test your script, I need to have access to your SQL database which is not possible. This is a community of QlikView developers and we all are working for different companies. During the spare time we are helping each other hence you need to be sensible about this whenver you are communicating with people.

Since you got an error means while opening the file it is trying to reduce the data set but not able to do so because your Section Application script is incomplete.

You need to add two load script for the data reductions as below

// [start Script]

Section Application;

star is *;

load account as [ACCOUNT CODE], account resident items;

load mfaccode as [MFAC CODE], mfaccode resident items;

//[ end script]

Hope this will help you. There could be some issues later. Please try and let me know. I will help you.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan!

I am not very sure whether you have ever read the manual. --> I have read it but got confused as i don't know how to do it according to my requirement and scenario. Please note that to test your script, I need to have access to your SQL database which is not possible. --> It's true! I just wanted you to check the script written by me. Also the query which is available there. I totally agree that you can't do anything without having the sql database. This is a community of QlikView developers and we all are working for different companies. During the spare time we are helping each other hence you need to be sensible about this whenver you are communicating with people. --> I don't why this thought came into your mind. If i have done anything wrong or silly i am sorry for that. I know that this community is only for helping eachother. I am newbie and obiviously my question might be silly. I am extremely sorry for that.

Since you got an error means while opening the file it is trying to reduce the data set but not able to do so because your Section Application script is incomplete --> Really sorry for that i was not aware about it. Please don't mistake!

You need to add two load script for the data reductions as below --> I will add this and will let you know at the earliest.

// [start Script]

Section Application;

star is *;

//[ end script]

Hope this will help you. There could be some issues later. Please try and let me know. I will help you. ---> Sure i will try it. If i found any issues i will let you know.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Sorry if I was too rude at you! I really got furious when you wrote like "it will be better if you check the same before giving the solution to me". Again sorry for that. If I had time I would have tested it in different ways.

If you face some rudeness you will gain a lot out of it. Be positive man!!

I too do not have much experience. Yesterday I was trying to deliver my application with data reduction to some users. I was searching the same solution through the community but did not get anything suitable. I read the manual, tested it with having two variables for reduction. When I had two variables I failed then I tried with only one variable and added another one as different load statement. Then it worked. All this happened yesterday.

During the search it happened to see your request then thought helping you by what I learned. Please let me know where have you reached.

Best Regards,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hai...

Sorry for my late reply. I never online again because i must taking care my father. He's got kidney failure.

I'll get back with some example files.

c u

Not applicable
Author

please find attached file.. i hope you can learn with that examples that i've made.

For User ID and Password, please open "user.xls" file.

I'm using QlikView 8.50.6085.4 and running on Windows 7 (in case there's some bug in the script)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan!

I have loaded the same script in my document but this doesn't work either. Check whether i have made the right change as per your request. If not i am really sorry. Let me know where i am wrong please!

Script which i have applied in my document...

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, ACCOUNT CODE, MFAC CODE // Removed the bracket as it was not working with brackets
ADMIN, Rikab, Rikab2010, *, *
];

SecurityTable: LOAD

'USER' as [ACCESS], userid as USERID, upper(password) as PASSWORD, account as [account code], mfaccode as [mfaccode]
RESIDENT items;

Section Application;

star is *;

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Can you remove "SecurityTable:" and try?

Thanks,

Sajeevan