Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Double y-axis & dimension Charts?

Is there any way in Qlikview to recreate this kind of chart?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Bryan,

Here's an example. What you have to do is go to the Axes tab, select an expression and define it as having the position right (top) and then you check the split axes option.

I usually use this feature for line graphs so I hadn't noticed that in the bar graphs the bars don't match up in the dimension label. Maybe somebody has a solution for that.

Regards.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Bryan,

Here's an example. What you have to do is go to the Axes tab, select an expression and define it as having the position right (top) and then you check the split axes option.

I usually use this feature for line graphs so I hadn't noticed that in the bar graphs the bars don't match up in the dimension label. Maybe somebody has a solution for that.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Is there a way to keep one dimension on one side of the graph and the other on the other side?

And yes the bars not being on top of one another is kind of obnoxious.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Same tab in the chart properties, see Position - left(bottom) and right(top)

Not applicable
Author

I tried tinkering with that, it didn't seem to have any effect. I see the same results in the example Karl provided.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're right, it doesn't work with split axes. Looks like a bug... 😞

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

QlikView seems to ignore the left (bottom) and right (top) options when you enable the split axis option.

Maybe this isn't the prettiest solution, but creating two graphs with the same dimension and aligning them up so that one is exactly on top of the other. On the top graph you can disable the Show Legend checkbox so that the dimension value shows only one time.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

That's what I was thinking I might end up doing.

Thanks for the help!