Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Doubts about Publisher/Server/Access point

Hi everybody.

I've been studying about QV and his development/design but i really don´t have any idea about this stuff. ( i've read articles in the page but i still dont have a clear idea)

What´s the function of the publisher, server, and AccessPoint? I think only a general idea would be great.

Thank you all.

Cheers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

QlikView server hosts QlikView apps centrally and allows user to access the documents via a web site (Access Point).

The server also controls the licences centrally, and user access to the documents.

QlikView server can automate the reloading of data into documents.

Publisher provides further options for the reload and distribution tasks, as well as the security of applications on a QlikView server. For example loop, and reduce can split a single large application into separate apps for each department.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Colin-Albert

QlikView server hosts QlikView apps centrally and allows user to access the documents via a web site (Access Point).

The server also controls the licences centrally, and user access to the documents.

QlikView server can automate the reloading of data into documents.

Publisher provides further options for the reload and distribution tasks, as well as the security of applications on a QlikView server. For example loop, and reduce can split a single large application into separate apps for each department.

Not applicable
Author

Well explained, Thank you.

Cheers.