Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Download service release

Hi.

I need to know if it is possible to download the service releases for the Personal Edition. I'm using the QV PE 10 SR 1 and I think it is available another update.

Thanks

13 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

The installer is exactly the same for licensed and Personal Editions. The only difference is that one gets a license (from server, standalone) and the other doesn't. Same versions, same functionality, all of them available in the Downloads section in the Support menu above. They are publicly available as soon as they are publicly released.

The latest is v10 SR1.

Regards.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are running the build 8811 of SR1, you can get the SR1 update (build 8815) -- In qlikview, select Help, Qlikview Update, Check now.

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

For service release or update is there documentation about the solved issues?

F.e., does Build 8815 solve the bug discussed in http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/36247.aspx?

Many thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

For any version of QlikView released, there is a document (PDF or QVW) where you can check which bugs have been corrected. The document is always called "Release Notes" and if you don't have it available to download in the downloads section, you can ask for it to your QlikView sales rep.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Ok. I have downloaded the update to build 8815 (in English) and I have tried to apply it. I have QV in Italian. The update is failed and it occurs an error about different version between the update and the QV 10 SR1 installed. The download page for the update doen't show any file in Italian language.

Any idea to solve this issue, please? Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Once you have opened QlikView, go to User Preferences, General tab, and click on the "Change Interface Language" button. Select the new language. You will have to quit and reopen for changes to take effect.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Ok. My QV installation is already in Italian and I can see Italian in the User Preferences. When I download the update, it seems that there is only the English file: is it right?

In order to solve the issue, you think that I do:

1. change the language in QV installation from Italian to English;

2. download and install the update (in English) to build 8815;

3. change back the language in the QV updated from English to Italian,

isn't it?

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

There may be only one installer file (I see several installers for different languages though, and your QlikView partner will bound do). You don't need to change the language in order to update.

So just download the installer and once you install it, you will likely need to go to the User Preferences (if they have been overwritten) and change them again to show Italian interface.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

I can see only installer file, in the updgrade page, referred to English language. When I execute the setup it FAILS and so I cannot upgrade my QV 10 installation. I'm using the Personal Edition and, for now, I haven't any partners to support. How can I download the Italian updgrade to 8815? Thanks