Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Dynamic Charts

All,

I am evaluating qlikview, by that I mean I have an evalaution license and I doing some analysis using it.

I developed an analysis containign multiple charts that for a given dimension (to use clikview terminology) provide distribution for other variables. For example say I am providing fseverl abar charts that each provides for each segment a second dimension.

For example, say there are 3 customer segments, one chat will show the percent of customers in each segment in each of say 5 regions (it would be 3 stracked bars on the same chart). Another example is a bar chart that shows by segment the average balance per product (checking, savings, etc.) so each segm,ent has say 10 or 12 bars. I attched some pdf of the screen so you can see,

What I want to do, is to somehow be able to change the dimension (segment in my example) for all charts automatically, in this case I am interested in one type of segmentation scheme today, but next time I may be interested in a different one (we have multiple) and the idea is to be able to do the same analysis quickly. (all the variables of interest are in the underlying data I imported)

Is this possible? If so how?

I would apprecieate a quick explanation of what needs to be done to do this.

2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Dynamic Charts

I will answer my own question. Please add anything if there are other ways

according to a question I found "Use Variable as Dimension" which i cant seem to be able to add the link to, you can define a inoput box where you enter the variable name and then reference that. It can be somehow restricted to some values to ensure it always works. I tried it and it worked. Read the post as it discusses the syntax required to make it work [$(variable_name)]

Not applicable

Re: Dynamic Charts

I will answer my own question. Please add anything if there are other ways

according to a question I found "Use Variable as Dimension" which i cant seem to be able to add the link to, you can define a inoput box where you enter the variable name and then reference that. It can be somehow restricted to some values to ensure it always works. I tried it and it worked. Read the post as it discusses the syntax required to make it work [$(variable_name)]

Community Browser