Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic Dimensions - QlikView

I will greatly appreciate your guidance on this -

We have 3 pivot tables in a dashboard as 3 sheets –

1. The measures in all the 3 are the same (premium, commission, and client count)
  2. The dimensions are Coverage, Carrier, and Wholesaler (one for each of the pivots)

What is a good way to use 1 pivot table (instead of 3) and have a dynamic dimension that the user can select (Coverage or Carrier or Wholesaler)?

I have built an inline table called Selection with values Coverage, Carrier, Wholesaler.

Also using =GetCurrentSelections(Selection) to get the value of user selection in the pivot as a dimension. 

But it shows up as Selection: Coverage’ (when Coverage is selected) rather than listing the values of the dimension Coverage.

Thanks for your suggestions - and please let me know if there is a simpler way to do it.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try adding dollar sign expansion with GetFieldSelections

$(=GetFieldSelections(Selection))

View solution in original post

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try adding dollar sign expansion with GetFieldSelections

$(=GetFieldSelections(Selection))

peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Sunny.

Much appreciated!

sunny_talwar

No problem at all ... Glad I am able to help

peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

One related question

One of my inline field values has a space in it - e.g., Wholesaler Type.  It shows fine in the list box for the user to select; but it does not work in the dimension.  Is there a work around for it?

Thanks again!

We have 3 pivot tables in a dashboard as 3 sheets –

1. The measures in all the 3 are the same (premium, commission, and client count)
  2. The dimensions are Coverage, Carrier, and Wholesaler (one for each of the pivots)

What is a good way to use 1 pivot table (instead of 3) and have a dynamic dimension that the user can select (Coverage or Carrier or Wholesaler)?

sunny_talwar

In that case, try this

$(='[' & GetFieldSelections(Selection) & ']')

peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Sunny.

That worked fine too!

However, it does not pick up Dimension values that have a space in them - e.g., Wholesaler Type has values Public, Private, and Non Profit.  It picks up Public and Private but not Non Profit.  Is there a workaround for that?

Thanks again!!

sunny_talwar

Can you show an image of what you see? I am not sure I understand what you might have?

peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Sunny -

This is what I am getting -

Pic 1.PNG

This is what I should be getting -

Pic 2.PNG

So the Non Profit gets left out - I guess due to the space.

Thanks again!

peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Any thoughts on the above examples?  The dimension is LEGAL_ENTITY and the value 'Non Profit' gets left out.

Thanks very much!