Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspe
Creator II
Creator II

Dynamic Document CAL assignment

Hi,

Still being a newcomer on Qlikview, I'm trying to get the Dynamic CAL assignment to work. We have until now just granted specific users access to the documents which have been working fine. I'm then trying just to allow dynamic CAL assignemt for a single document but it doesn't seems to work.

My understanding is that I just need to go to QMC - Documents tab - Document CALs and then tick the "Allow dynamic CAL assignment and then everyone that go to the Acces Point they will see the document and will be able to open it (of course assuming that there are enough CALs assigned to the document).

I have tried this, but the document doesn't appear in Access Point so I'm wondering if I need to do something else? IF I assign a specific user or group to the document, they see the document and are able to open it.

Is it me that have got the concept wrong or do I need to do anything else? Currently we are not really planning to use the Dynamic CAL assignment in Production, but I'd just like to make sure that it works ..:-).

Regards

Steen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check if all users are allowed to see the doc

Capturar.PNG.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check if all users are allowed to see the doc

Capturar.PNG.png

sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Will this also be neccessary if I only want to assign a Document Cal to the user? If I change the above settings for my specific document, then my test user account get access to the document, but that is eventhough I haven't done anything one the Document CALs tab.

My understanding is that if I grant some access for the Authorization tab, then the user gets a User CAL and not a Document CAL. Maybe it's just me that doesn't fully get the concept?

Regards

Steen

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

User CAL´s are set into System Tab.

If you only set the Doc Cal to Dynamic, your users can´t "see" the doc, so they can´t open it, assigning the DocCal

sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ahhh....now I looked a little more into this and now I think I got it...:-).

I think I was mislead by just having access to see the document on the Access Point and then also having a license in order to be able to opening it. I can see that giving access on the Authorization tab will just make the document visible but I can't open it. When I then tick the "Allow Dynamic CALs assignment" box, I then also get a license to open the document.

I think I get the point now....:-).

Regards

Steen

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You really got it

Please note that maybe you´re using an Enterprise License.

If you were using a Small Business, the tab "Authorization" does not exists as all documents are visible by default