Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator

Dynamic Update not working for updating records

Hi All,

I am trying to  build a user form where in i am fetching data from a file and have added some blank fields in it.

Now when i am trying to update a record it is not working for me. below is the query i have used and i am also attaching the qvw file. 

If anybody resolves this issue please also explain where the issue was so that i can do it accurately in future.

Appreciate assistance here.

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just want to be sure you have all the prerequisites enabled for things to work, so first thing is the Help link info:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_QlikVi...

The piece that is not spelled out very clearly there is the user attempting to run things must be a member of the QlikView Administrators local security group on the QVServer machine, and given you are trying to update, there is a catch I caught in an Article:

Dynamic Update can not execute UPDATE command for a field that currently has a selection.

Clear the field selection before updating the data.

That was the resolution on that one, so that is the only other thing of which I can think that would be blocking things.   Just an FYI, this is very old technology and only still here for legacy more or less, not sure I would recommend making use of this at this point, as it is likely to be removed at some point I would expect, so you may want to search for other options too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See duplicate post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Update-Record-in-Dynamic-Update-not-Working/m-p/166833...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.