Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheRastrel
Contributor
Contributor

ERROR [HY000] ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected

Hi,  I have a problem to load a data to Qlik.

I have error:

ERROR [HY000] ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected

Probably this section is problem in SQL (ORACLE):

sum(coalesce((to_date(end_date, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') - to_date(begin_date, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')), 0)),

Can anyone give me a hint how to transform it?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The underlying issue is the Oracle Connector is what is taking issue with things, and in that case the Oracle Community is definitely the better place to look for answers on this one I believe.  I did a quick Google search on 'ORA-01858' and got a lot of hits, most with solutions, so I think doing that should likely help you find the problem and get things sorted.  Once you do find the solution, please consider circling back and posting that in a new comment and then use the Accept as Solution button on the post afterward to mark that and close the thread if you can.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.