Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhukar_putta
Contributor III
Contributor III

EXCEL EXPORT ISSUE

DATE ISSUE.jpgHello all,

I am new for QLIKVIEW tech. I have an issue in my application. While I took option "SEND TO EXCEL" in any straight table or pivot table chart, the date format is changing in EXCEL sheet when data is in large content (Huge data).

Please find the excel for the screenshots. For small data there is no issue. Where as for large data this problem occurs. In the screen shot i marked it in RED colour.

In QVD'S date format was "DD-MM-YYYY" but in excel for dates below 12th was showing like "DD/MM/YYYY" as shown in image.  Please provide some solution for this. Thanks in advance.

18 Replies
marcus_sommer

For me it worked - you have here changed the properties?

ChangeDimensionFormat.jpg

- Marcus

madhukar_putta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I modified there only but no impact. My actual issue is .....For small data like 65000 records there is no issue even for the dates after 12th eg: 20-09-2012. Its coming perfectly . But for large data records like 2lakh records, this issue raises...automatically its converting format instead of ' - ' its taking ' / ' . when ever my user downloads (send to excel option) huge data then only this issue occurs. Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

marcus_sommer

If it only happens with large amounts of data it could be that then QV had problems with the meta-data (string, numeric and so on) from the data. Also a reason could be various user- and system settings - is it the same for all users and with all clients?

- Marcus

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Madhukar

Are you sure QlikView detected all entries as "dates", and not some as dates and others as string?</>

In your load script, try converting the column using the date#() function.

madhukar_putta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My application is using by one client and we have 15 users as of now. Issue is in procurement module. That module is using by 7 users. All are getting same problem.......

madhukar_putta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Kwok,

All are dates only. This issue is with large data only.

marcus_sommer

I believe on this way it won't work - if your user not calculate with these dates you could load and export these dates explicitly as strings. Perhaps another possibilities could be to use a macro-routine (there are several different) - see for examples here: http://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=macro+excel+export.

- Marcus

Not applicable

This is the correct answer.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Madhu,

Can you please attach the sample data with both the date formats.  I think there are two date formats in you dimension, that is causing the issue.

Regards,

jagan.