Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Multiple Graphs at Once

I have a set of graphs, a 3x7 set up, each is a single LED traffic light and it is an overview of the overall business. The expressions that go into each graph are, for example,

sum({<Category={Product1}>}[Sales (Actual)])/sum({<Category={Product1}>}[Sales (Plan)])-1

I do this for products 1 through 7, then repeat for Sales Actual vs Sales Prior Year and Sales Actual vs Sales Last Period, which gives me a 3x7 matrix of traffic lights. Is there any way that I can type this expression once then clone the graphs and simply mass-edit all of the graphs on the second line to change "Actual" to "Plan" without going in individually and changes each one? This would save me so much time!

What about, for the same graphs, is it possible to select all of them and change their ranges all at once rather than going in, individually, and changing each one?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

Alt+Ctrl+E, you can able to see the expression overview , from that you can find/replace the field as you want..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

Alt+Ctrl+E, you can able to see the expression overview , from that you can find/replace the field as you want..

Hope it helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

is there a way to clone instead of copy objects?

MayilVahanan

Hi

In layout properties-> tick the Allow copy/clone object. From that, you can able to clone/copy the object.

or

right click the object, you can see the clone option in it..

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

I mean, I want to clone an object and when I paste it, I want it to be in a different location than the original (when you clone, it's slightly offset, whereas a copy-paste is in the exact same spot), but not everything seems to have Clone as an option, just Copy.

MayilVahanan

HI

You can drag the object and place it where you want, before that tick allow move/size in layout properties.

Suppose you want to copy to different sheet/document, right click the object, you can see copy to clipboard -> object

Then go to the sheet where you want to paste it, right click in the sheet, and select paste sheet object. And move the object where you want.

hope it helps