cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mredissi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Enable Animated Chart on webview

I have a chart that uses animation button to scroll through data over time it works great on my laptop but once it got uploaded to the server the animation button disappeared. Any idea on how to set properties somewhere to allow animation to work online?

mredissi_0-1602256527287.pngmredissi_1-1602256596504.png

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

Animations don't work when using the Ajax client. If you need animations on the web, you unfortunately need to run the PlugIn.

here is some info please check out this

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Animation-Not-Working-in-Web-View/td-p/395343

mredissi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Chanty4U for the link you shared. Unfortunately the info is dated (2013) and it talks about running IE Qlikview plugin. My laptop is running Windows 10 and I have the same issue whether I access the dashboard with Internet Explorer or with Google Chrome.  I even downloaded the latest Qlikview plugin for Version 12 April 2019 and still no animation.

I searched the community website and there is nothing on the subject unless I'm searching in the wrong locations.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Did you tried in web view?  is it working?

and can you check only for you its not working?  you can check in your team mates system?

try multiple browsers alwell.  IE &chorme & edge .

mredissi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Web View doesn't show the animation either and on the server it's not working for others.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@mredissi Here is Help Doc link stating WebView/Ajax is unsupported for animation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Ajax/WebView_In...

The IE Plugin client should work as should the Desktop Client, be sure the Plugin client is run in IE 11 web browser and the version of the Plugin matches the QVServer version.  There are two components to the IE Plugin that are pertinent, the Qlikocx.ocx component as well as the Qvp.dll file, the versions of both of those should match, sometimes the Qvp.dll can get out of alignment, so that is worth check too, those are both located by default in the following base path in subfolders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
mredissi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply.

I don't usually use IE and even if try to use it how can I check if the Plugin in running? I do see the OCX and DLL files in QlikView directory so I'm assuming they are running but switching to web view from within QlikView does Not show/allow animation on my desktop version.

Am I to understand that when I run QlikView on my desktop version and I click on the web view option that QlikView uses IE plugin by default? Do I have a better chance with Google Chrome and how to enable that?

I'm all confused. The link you provided doesn't explore how to get animation working on web view (or QV server). Am I missing something?