Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Error authenticating using OneLogin SAML

Hi All,

Know that there's a few posts on here with much head scratching, but in this case I feel pretty close. 

Scenario is setting up SAML login via OneLogin. After much messing about with certificates and config files, I'm at this point and can't work out the way forward. I feel the issue is down to attributes being passed from OneLogin to the qvsaml module, but can't get past it.

Any help would be greatly received.

CaptureComm.PNG

Many thanks,

Simon

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Albert,

Thanks, that was the document I was working from.

It doesn't cover all the parts that need to be changed, but worked out the rest as I went along.

As for the error, it turned out to be a typo on the OneLogin side which I picked up by going through the IIS logs.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

Did you checked this article ?

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000045626

It contains useful information and example on how to achieve this. So, could be useful.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Albert,

Thanks, that was the document I was working from.

It doesn't cover all the parts that need to be changed, but worked out the rest as I went along.

As for the error, it turned out to be a typo on the OneLogin side which I picked up by going through the IIS logs.

Thanks,

Simon

patrickdoerr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am also struggeling with this solution (using KeyCloak instead of OneLogin).

Maybe you ran in the same issue...?

WebTicket-Generation is not working, because the GetWebTicket.aspx is not accessable after enabling "Forms" Authentication for the whole/QvAjaxZfc IIS application - which is the needed setting to get SAML working.

Error is visible in windows event log - reproducable in PostMan, but also when the QlikView.aspx is doing the request after successful SAML Responde decoding.

POST https://servername/QvAjaxZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx

Server Error in '/QvAjaxZfc' Application.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: identity

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: identity]
System.Security.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal..ctor(IIdentity identity) +14526062
System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal..ctor(WindowsIdentity ntIdentity) +24
SolutionGlobal.WebService.LocalUserHandler.CheckGroupMembership(IPrincipal userPrincipal, SecurityIdentifier groupSi, String groupName) +116
SolutionGlobal.WebService.LocalUserHandler.CheckQvAdminMembership(IPrincipal userPrincipal) +297
QlikView.AccessPoint.GetWebTicketHandler.HandleRequest(Context context) +66
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +90
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1607