Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III

Error in calculating expression

Hello, 

I have a table below as shown below. I have my expression for OEC - Current as 

=If(Num_Month = '$(vPreYearLastMonth)' and Year = '$(vPreYear)', 0, Sum(Updated_OEC_Budget))

Sum(Updated_OEC_Budget) = 179922+522900 = 702822; but the expression is wrong. 

What is wrong here? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have attached qvw for reference; 

1.PNG

Labels (2)
10 Replies
sunny_talwar

The calculation is getting duplicated

image.png

bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@sunny_talwar Is this something in the script that needs to be fixed. I have used the solution which you gave before (Link Table and concatenating). Can you tell me how to fix this issue? 

thanks

Bhavesh

bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@sunny_talwar what you said is correct, it is duplicating look at the image below; Cost_Code '3' and '4' has the same Engineering_Area

1.PNG

sunny_talwar

I am not sure in which step of the process are you duplicating your rows, but this is def. not happening while creating the link table.... this has to be happening before or after... I am not sure how I can pin point this without being able to reload.. can you share all the qvds needed to reload this dashboard?

sunny_talwar

Unfortunately, I cannot access google drive. Are you not able to attach the qvd directly here?

bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm getting an error (The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type) when I attach qvd files here. Is there any other way I can attach the qvd?
sunny_talwar

Try to zip them before you attach
bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thank you @sunny_talwar, I have attached the qvd now in the zip file.