cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator

Excel Export

All, I've built a table in Qlik with a calculated dimension that shows data on two separate lines using

[Dimension1] & chr(13) & [Dimension2] so it looks like

Dimension1

Dimension2

When this is exported to Excel it comes out as Dimension1Dimension2

Is there any way I can get it to export to excel in the format that is in Qlik?

5 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

have a look at the attach example

by using cross table in the load script

you'll have a better built of the data table

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Karl,

If it is small table like a summary, you can just use the Copy to Clipboard -> Full Table Option and you can paste it in your excel.(you will get exact qv format). Otherwise You need to check with Macro

marcus_sommer

I don't believe that this behaviour could be (easily) adjusted. While exporting or copying to excel some kind of TRIM will be applied and removed these chars. I think the reason is a meta-data error/incompatibility between QlikView and Excel then if I copy (as whole table into the switchboard) such table-chart into Notepad++ and copy it there again and paste it into Excel those control-chars remain.

Further worked it by exporting not to Excel else into a textfile like a *.qvo but I'm not sure if this resulting format is what you want. Then remained the possibility to work afterwards with some macros or to make the whole export + adjustment within vbs - attached is an recent post to fill missing dimension-values after copying the object and which could serve as starting-point if such a solution will be preferred.

Of course the easiest way is to avoid such linebreaks maybe with another specialized chart-object which only purpose is to export and which won't used from your users.

- Marcus

Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Liron, but this exports on multiple lines, I want the names to be in one cell in excel

Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for this. This works for me when in Qlikview but the front end users dont have this option in the browser. I may have to use this as a workaround for the time being