Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anisha_nan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excel data Sets into Qlik

Hi,

I have excel in which we have a data in numbers value as well as in % Value.

For Eg: Please find the attached data sets which we are pulling in qlik.

Requirement 1 :  We need to Pick only the data for Row no 7 only 

Requirement 2 : As the data set has both the Values in Quarter wise data and year wise data qlik should pick data for both scenarios and needs to pick wherever there is number values and not % value in it.

Requirement 3 : Wherever there is no quarter wise data then qlik should pick that particular year data.

Please find the attached Data sets for your reference.

Please provide solution as soon as possible.

Regards,

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your best bet here would be to look at the Transform Wizard in the script editor when you go to setup the load from the Excel file to see if you can get the settings in place to only pull what you want.  The only other way would be to load everything and then try to split it out into other tables by using script functions to look for the things you want etc.  This one may require a consulting engagement otherwise.  

I took a quick look at the spreadsheet, the other thing might be to do multiple loads of the file using the Transform to pull one thing at a time etc. and concatenate things, not very efficient, but I am not a great developer either, maybe someone else will still have a look to see if they can come up with something else, but if you are looking for someone to do the script for you, not sure you are going to get that in this case.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.