Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anitamelbye
Creator
Creator

Exclude Columns/Expressions in transferring to Excel

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to exclude an expression when tranferring to Excel.

I have a Traffic Light Gauge in a column, and it looks really nice in QV, but not as fancy in Excel 😞

My wonderful lights is written as:

qmem://<dynamicimage>\Document\CH02\0\0\eba8ffb246ea8041909a11ad439d2164ca2233156f87d062cfc19211f9ab246e

Any ideas on how to avoid transferring an expression?

*newbee in love*

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Anita,

love your signature... I'm doing it for 7 years, and still "in love"...

To answer your question - I don't think you can exclude an expression from exporting into Excel. The only possible work around is to create a separate button for Export and use a different (hidden) chart for the purpose of exporting.

anitamelbye
Creator
Creator
Author

That could accually work. Thanx!!! 🙂

*newbee in love* 😉

anitamelbye
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi again,

I could not get the Macro to work, BUT I did something clever in order to export to excel without my "one dimension"..

I cloned my pivot, and removed the column I did not want transferred to excel. Then I took away the caption on my original pivot, and set my cloned pivot on layer "bottom", and the I was able to use the caption on my cloned pivot, to look like it was the capiton on my original pivot..

I don't know I anyone understand this but it really works.. 🙂 YEAH!

*newbee in love*

anitamelbye
Creator
Creator
Author

I take back my selv-revarded cleverness 🙂 In a pivot this will not work properly, because my cloned pivot will not be aware of the choosen dimensions 😞

So even if I follow your advice, it will still not work in a Pivot..

Any other suggestions? 🙂

*newbee in love*