Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajkapoor1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude extra selections / relationships when selecting from listbox

Hi QV community,

I am trying to calculate the email count where A is a sender and receiver.

However, due to the relationship A has with B,C & D, it is also picking up the email count for B-C and D-C.

Ideally, if I am selecting A from a listbox I would like to obtain the email count for only A (email count = 10).

Is there a way I can exclude the extra count whereby A is not part of the equation i.e. exclude email count for B-C and D-C?

qlikview question.JPG

Looking forward to your replies.

Many thanks,

RK.

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Count(TOTAL {<Sender={'A'}>} [Sender Address])+Count(TOTAL {<Receiver={'A'}>} [Receiver Address])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rajkapoor1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This would only work when A is selected. I am looking for something more dynamic. The email count should be able to vary depending on my selections i.e. if I chose B, it should give me email counts only related to B being a sender and a receiver.

Many thanks,

RK

Anil_Babu_Samineni

On which field, you do filter? Can you club sender and receiver both into single field and use?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rajkapoor1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have created a listbox with all sender and receivers as follows:

Mailbox (receiver/sender)

A

B

C

D

If I select 'A', I want to see the volume count to be related to only A. In the example I've given below, the count should be 10. Please note that the volume should include both sent and received.

Thanks.