Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor

Exclude of parameter in Qlik Expression

Hi All, 

I need help, i am trying to exclude the part that is underlined in my expression.

When i Qlik in my Financial Year (Sales count) it changes the data in the Attrition Count of which this needs to be fixed when i am making a selection.

='Sales Count:'&Num(Count({<FiscalYear = {'$(vMaxFinalSalesYear)'}, CustActive = {'Y'}, FinalFiscalYearTermin = ,FinalFiscalMonthTermin =, FinalFiscalYearReinstate =, FinalFiscalMonthReinstate>} DISTINCT CustId))

='Attrition Count:'&Num(Count({<FinalFiscalYearTermin = {'$(vMaxFinalTermin)'}, CustActive = {'N'}, FiscalYear = ,FiscalMonth =, FinalFiscalYearReinstate =, FinalFiscalMonthReinstate>} DISTINCT CustId))

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

You want to exclude selection in Financial Year from Attrition Count expression? Have you tried adding it to the set analysis to ignore selection in Financial Year field just like FiscalYear and FiscalMonth

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I quick check : probably you are using max() in your variable (vMaxFinalSalesYear) definition. Try putting the set identifier {1} or the same set of date dimensions to exclude their selection impact in the same max().

mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am not sure how, can you advice?

mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The dates are coming from different tables .

sunny_talwar

What is the name of the field you are looking to exclude selection from?