Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafael_cabello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Expansion of dollar sign with an expression

Hi,

I have a data model where the columns have user ids and several questions and in the rows I have the answer to those questions.

Example:

Id_User, P1, P2, P3

Then I have created an inline table where I have the expression of each question and this table is duplicated.

Example: 

QUESTIONA, SelA

Q1, Sex?

Q2, Do you have a car?

Q3, Do you spend your free time surfing the Internet?

So with these two inline tables I create two selectors and when I have more than one question indicated when I create a correlation matrix I don't get any value.

The expression I use is this: 

Correl ($ (=QuestionA), $ (=QuestionB))

The problem I think is for $ (=Varoable) when you have several values selected.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rafael_cabello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much for everything,I've already fixed it.

What I did was make a Crosstable and then I eliminated the $ (=variable) variables that are the ones I had problems with.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this? Pleae let me know which report/chart you are working on

Correl ($ (QuestionA), $ (QuestionB))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

I must admit that I don't understand what do you want to do with: "Correl ($ (=QuestionA), $ (=QuestionB))".

If I look on your table-examples I would quite probably associate both tables within the datamodel by transforming the first table with a crosstable-statement and renaming at least one of the fieldnames for the matching. Further I could imagine that it would be helpful to add a string-representation to your 1 or 2 values which probably mean FALSE or TRUE (maybe per mapping into a dual-value).

Afterwards you should be able to develop quite normal objects with expressions like count(Anything).

- Marcus

MarcoWedel

please upload a sample application including some data and variables as well as your expected result.

thanks

regards

Marco

rafael_cabello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much for everything,I've already fixed it.

What I did was make a Crosstable and then I eliminated the $ (=variable) variables that are the ones I had problems with.