Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export multiple objects to excel (multi sheets) without opening the excel application

Hi, i have a question,

i've followed this thread Export Qlikview objects to multiple Excel sheet and it works perfectly.

But, when i ran the macro it open the excel application. My question is, is it possible to directly save/create the excel file without opening the Ms Excel Appllication ?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, you will need to create an excel instance. But nobody's stopping you from cleaning it up at the end of the macro with something like SET MyExcelApp = Nothing;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, you will need to create an excel instance. But nobody's stopping you from cleaning it up at the end of the macro with something like SET MyExcelApp = Nothing;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Ow I see, i got it.

Okay thanks for the explanation

crichter14
Creator
Creator

Gysbert - can I ask for a simpler response?  (Keep it Simple Stupid...for me).  I have this code and would like to expand it to multiple tables say (TB01, CH01, LB01, etc, etc), on multiple tabs - one object to a tab, and preferably in xlsx format (instead of xls).

Has anyone seen this explained in video format?  Youtube maybe?  I'm very new to this scripting and I need something to walk me through the logic that CLEARLY explains what each step does.  I'm not able to follow the example very well...though I will keep trying.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Code Example:

Sub ExcelFile

DIM ExcelApplication, ExcelWorkbook

SET ExcelApplication = CREATEOBJECT("Excel.Application")

SET ExcelWorkbook = ExcelApplication.Workbooks.Add

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("TB01").CopyTableToClipBoard TRUE

ExcelWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Paste

ExcelApplication.DisplayAlerts = FALSE

ExcelWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\Users\admin.cherylr\Documents\test.xls", 56

ExcelApplication.Quit

MsgBox "Export Complete"

End Sub

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Cheryl,

Start a new discussion. You might get a quick response. Good luck.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Cheryl,

Start a new discussion. You might get a quick response. I have attached a sample file for your reference. Hope this is what you are looking for. Good luck.