Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashish_2511
Creator
Creator

Export straight table to excel in a compressed form

Dear Community -

I've a huge straight table. I want to export it to excel in a compressed format. is there any direct way to do it from qlikview desktop?

If not please suggest a way (may be using macro on button click).

Thanks!

Sneh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

There is no direct way to do this?

By using Macro you would go like below and CSV limit has 1 Million Rows.

Macro Should like below

SUB ExportToCsv // ExportToCsv This is Function Name

set MyObj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("MySheetLastObject") //MySheetLastObject is the Object ID(CH01)

MyObj.Export "C:\Users\AnilBabuSamineni\Qlikview\Macrostore\1217815.csv", "," //Path here

end sub

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi..Sneh,

Please refer below mentioned URL which will help you to short out your problem.

Please remember to mark this as "helpful" & "correct answer" if your problem is solved.

This will help users identify the answers should they come across this thread in the future.

Regard's

Sarvesh Srivastava

Anil_Babu_Samineni

There is no direct way to do this?

By using Macro you would go like below and CSV limit has 1 Million Rows.

Macro Should like below

SUB ExportToCsv // ExportToCsv This is Function Name

set MyObj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("MySheetLastObject") //MySheetLastObject is the Object ID(CH01)

MyObj.Export "C:\Users\AnilBabuSamineni\Qlikview\Macrostore\1217815.csv", "," //Path here

end sub

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ashish_2511
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil

Thanks for your reply ‌

So do you mean exporting it to CSV would be a more compressed form than exporting it to excel (right click -> send to excel)?

Even if that be the case, why a macro? can't we just right click -> Export ->save with CSV extension?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure about Compress. I would suggest you to store the CSV while hitting the Button.

Yes, We can store this Save as CSV but what if user has this control whey they are going to have this(I mean storage). That is case we follow macro for this Scenario

ashish_2511
Creator
Creator
Author

I've tested this. csv export does compress a lot more than that of excel export and you're right about the potential security issue you said earlier about ->  right click ->export ->Save as .csv 

Thanks Again Anil.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hahaha, Is it may be qlikview favor for us at this case. The reason i could found is Excel has low limit of rows and CSV has 1 Million rows can store. Could be the reason to elapse the Performance.

Anyway, Some what you got which i refer