cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
German1964
Contributor
Contributor

Export to EXCEL

Why qlikview exports to CSV when the number of rows is very high? And it doesn't export it directly to XLS file?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
German1964
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you all.
I solved the export problem to Excel.
It was a list separator setting, it had "semicolon" and I changed it to "comma"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Because of Excel limitation, you cannot export above 65 536 rows by 256 columns to Excel xls worksheet. That's why the export is  converted into .CSV format.

marcus_sommer

If I remember correctly since any of the newer QV 12 releases the export could be done as xlsx. I'm not quite sure what needs to be done for it but I assume it needs a different configuration in the settings.ini (and there is also a setting to set a limit until it's exported as Excel).

- Marcus

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You're right @marcus_sommer you can change to xlsx.

@German1964 : check out this support article on how to change. QlikView November 2017 Export to XLSX

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Marcus and Vegar are spot on, but here is a Help link to explain limits:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Send_to_Excel.h...

I think the actual limiter is based upon a setting discussed in the following article:

Export to Excel Article

Hopefully this covers all the bases on your question, but I realized the setting I mentioned is not in the article, so here that is:

RowLimitForCsvInsteadOfXls

The issue here is I am not sure if this applies to xlsx as well or not...  The default value for this setting is 65500.  You can try adding the setting to the Settings.ini file to see what it does, best I have for you.  It needs to be added within the [Settings 7] area of the file...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
German1964
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you all.
I solved the export problem to Excel.
It was a list separator setting, it had "semicolon" and I changed it to "comma"