Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Exporting QV objects to a Excel document using macros?

Hi All,

Macros working fine with Qlikview desktop but it's not working browser (IE plug in / AJAX client). is there workaround solution for this?

I've enabled macros at server level and script (please refer to the attached  document and screen shot). please advise? Thanks

Environment:

Qlikview 11.20.12904.0409.10 & Windows 2012 R2

macros_settings.jpgmacros_settings_script.jpg

Thanks

Deva

17 Replies
marcus_sommer

It won't work with the AJAX-client but it should work with the IE-plugin. What happens by using the plugin - nothing? Then check the user-settings for qlik macro-execution and the IE configurations, especially the "protected mode" and the ActiveX settings.

- Marcus

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi marcus_sommer,

Thanks for your kind reply, when i use IE-Plugin nothing happens. think i missed some step,

steps which did,

1) downloaded IE plugin from access point browser

IE plug in.jpg

2) then installed(IE plugin) into my local machine

3) after than tried to login access point through IE browser (my IE current version : 11) and then tried to click on macros enabled button (sample attached screen shot) -

4) after clicking export to excel (macro configured button) nothing happens

am i missed any steps? kindly advise (i suspect my ie browser - access point url still using ajax)

IE browser.jpg

Thanks

Deva

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You still are opening the document with the Ajax client. In the AccessPoint, click on "View Details" and then "IE Plugin version".

However, note that if you develop macros only to work with IE, you need to make sure all users are browsing QlikView using IE AND that they have local admin permissions to install the Plugin.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Miguel

Noted, i have tried to enabled IE profile like below then

export2Excel.jpg

after than tried to open it, getting like below? do i need to do any other setting?

error.jpg

User Requirement:

Export entire dashboard tab into excel? after they logged into Access point  they just want to click on one button and then it should be able to export all sheet objects into excel (let's say the sheet object contains graph/image and table view). Currently it works only with individual object to export (by default).

Just wanted to check, do we have any other method to fulfill my requirement  other than macros?

Thanks

Deva

marcus_sommer

Your application will be only opened with the preferred client if this client is enabled for these application within the qmc by documents/server/availability.

- Marcus

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi @Marcus,

Yeah, it's configured already (both places user & source document place). after enable this step then published again and tested and still getting same message (refer 2nd screen shot). thank you much

Untitled.jpg

error.jpg

marcus_sommer

Please check if there is anywhere a small dialog-window from qlikview for setting the macro-security for this application respectively all applications. This window could be hidden under other windows and also be on another monitor (by using multiple monitors). For this check per pressing the keys Alt + Tab or by minimizing all open windows step by step.

- Marcus

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi marcus_sommer‌,

Thanks for your reply, not getting the above mentioned step? by the way is there any document available? (tried to searched in qlik support portal and internet and couldn't able to find). if you have anything please share it. thanks

additionally enabled below steps and re-published then tested and still not working? any suggestion. tks

Untitled.png

marcus_sommer

It looked that your application wouldn't be opened with the IE plugin. Like above mentioned there might be an unvisible dialog-window from the plugin asking for an action. To make further checks I suggest to create another dummy-application without any macros and enabling for it the plugin, too, to see if it will be opened.

- Marcus