Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exporting lists to excel (or any format) via an action

Hello,

I have had a request to link the QV documents I am creating to our CRM . I have been asked if QV has the capability to export a list of possible values (of a certain feild) via an action. My plan is to trigger this action upon making a selection in that field. Once I have the exported list...the crm can grab that info and search via customer number for example. Has anyone been able to accompish this?

Any thoughts would be grealy helpfull.

Thanks!

Jeff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Here is an example of an export to Excel based on a selection trigger. Obviously you could edit the code to export the values to a different format to suit your needs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

You can use a macro for the export (see the file attached). To run the macro upon certain selection see Settings > Document Properties > Triggers > Field Event Triggers

Regards,

David

Not applicable
Author

Here is an example of an export to Excel based on a selection trigger. Obviously you could edit the code to export the values to a different format to suit your needs.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebeccad,

When I run this Macro I keep getting an error that "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Excel.Application'".

Do you have any thoughts?

Thank You!

Not applicable
Author

I have not seen that error message before. My only suggestion would be to check your security settings. Under Tools > Edit Module make the following selections:

Security.JPG

Hope that helps!!

Not applicable
Author

That did the trick. Thanks for your help!