Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II

Exporting multiple text objects to Excel

Hi Mates,

We have developed an application with multiple text objects. say around 50. I wish to provide a button on the said application which will export all the values of text objects to excels. Could any one please share me the codes of the macro for the same. In below screen shot. All are the text box objects and I want to export all the objects as per the format to Excel File.

Dashboard.JPG

7 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This will be quite tricky - there is no easy way iterate over the text boxes and to link the text box to a cell in Excel - is it not possible to create a table with all the content and export that instead?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply Jonathan, The application which I have developed is little complicated and hence could not formulate table for the same and hence used Text objects. My idea is to write some code using loop to export the same to Excel file.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's not the way I would approach the issue, but good luck.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Colin-Albert

Not easy to do directly in QlikView. As Jonathon suggests either create your data as a table rather than separate text boxes, or  an add-in like NPrinting could create an Excel table from your QlikView app.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You need to create a (highly customized) straight table in this case. Anything else is QlikView bad practise. 50 text boxes are horrendous for the click performance.

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

At least can one share the code for exporting text object value or  3-4 object to excel?

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

I have created an excel sheet in which I have written all the parameters that I want in Col. A and in Col. B , I have written expressions which gives the value of each parameter , my question is, in qlikview , can I use Col. B as an expression. Example given as under.

Inupt

pqcdsm.JPG

Required Output :

pqcdsm1.JPG