Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priya945
Creator
Creator

Expression Challenge

Hi All,

I have below data in excel pivot, calculating All and 3 other Regions(North,South East).

In qlikview the expression for Region = All is bellow, below expression returns '-' in Pivot table. Where Region 'All' is not part of the original data. But calculated 

if(Region = 'All', ((Avg({Region={'North'}>}Time) *count({<Region={'North'}>} distinct [Serial Number])) +
(Avg({<Region={'South'}>}Time) * count({<Region={'South'}>} distinct [Serial Number]))+
(Avg({<Region={'East'}>} Time) * count({<Region={'East'}>} distinct [Serial Number])))/count(distinct [Serial Number]) ,

Avg(Time)
)

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Could a Serial number be associated to more than one Region?

Maybe you can write like this instead?

if( Region = 'All',
    Avg({<Region={'North','South','East'}>}Time),
    Avg(Time)
   )

priya945
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Each Serial number  is associated to only one Region and Region 'All' 

Also Region ='All' is not part of the original data so deriving  as below

Regon:
LOAD * Inline [
SubRegion, Region
East,East
West, West
North,North
East,All
West, All
North,All
];

and below expression is showing  hash(-) in place of a value for Region 'All' in pivot table

if(Region = 'All',   ((Avg({Region={'North'}>}Time) *count({<Region={'North'}>} distinct [Serial Number])) +
(Avg({<Region={'South'}>}Time) * count({<Region={'South'}>} distinct [Serial Number]))+
(Avg({<Region={'East'}>} Time) * count({<Region={'East'}>} distinct [Serial Number])))/count(distinct [Serial Number]) ,

Avg(Time)
)

But below expression shows correct value in a Textbox when 'All' is selected in Region field

((Avg({Region={'North'}>}Time) *count({<Region={'North'}>} distinct [Serial Number])) +
(Avg({<Region={'East'}>} Time) * count({<Region={'East'}>} distinct [Serial Number])))/count(distinct [Serial Number])

Unable to figure it out the issue . Please suggest 

Thanks in advance

priya945
Creator
Creator
Author

Any suggestions please

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What would likely help most is if you can attach a sample QVW file, little difficult to sort out otherwise, which is why you are not getting further responses.

The best I can do otherwise would be:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1468344

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Set-Analysis-in-the-Aggr-function/ba-p/1463822

You may be able to use the latter in lieu of the ALL Region potentially, but I am not sure, I am not a great developer, but hopefully these may give you some further ideas if you cannot attach a sample application.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.