Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soniasweety
Master
Master

Expression Not working

Hi all,

I created the variables

LastWeek =Week(today())-1     result:35

his week=week(today())     result:36

but when I use the below expression sometime its working some time its not working?    what is the issue?

below separate expresions tried  both giving some time correct sometime wrong.

=Count({<Flag={'1'},WeekNumber={'=$(ThisWeek)'}>}distinct Id)

=count({$<Week={$(=LastWeek)}>}distinct Number)

=Count({$<Flag={'0'},WeekNumber={$(=LastWeek)}>}distinct No)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sam_grounds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is this not to do with having two sets of '=' symbols? One in your expression and one in the variable.

Try setting This week to

week(today())

and LastWeek to

(Week(today())-1)

=Count(DISTINCT {$<Flag={1},WeekNumber={$(ThisWeek)}>} Id)

=Count(DISTINCT {$<Week={$(LastWeek)}>} Number)

=Count(DISTINCT {$<Flag={0},WeekNumber={$(LastWeek)}>} No)

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you explain when it does give correct result and when it doesn't?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What does the Flag indicates over here?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

expected output is

actually,  I don't have the data for 36 and 35th week  it should show zero  but it is not displaying anything if I put in text object

and the variables are working fine.  if I try in text objects.

sunny_talwar

Text box is not even showing 0? or is this in straight table or pivot table? If it is in a straight or pivot table, you might have to uncheck 'Suppress Zero Values' on the presentation tab of chart properties

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does this same - As per calender week

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

nothing showing in text object ,  its kpi object in qliksense

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

yes anil,

flag is  I have two diff tables so I want to show the count of one table   I created flag for it because two tables concatenated

sunny_talwar

Can you show an image of what you see when the value for current week is 36 and value for previous week is 35?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I agree, Then we might need more information related data and expect result set