Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III

Expression Problem for Alternate States in Qlikview

Hello Experts,

I have two list boxes Manufacturer and Product Brand, I have created alternate states for them. 

State Names are Selection1 and Selection 2. Now i was split the list boxes as 4 i.e. 2 Manufactures for 2 states and 2Product brands for 2 states.

Now i created pivot table with following dimensions & Expressions

Dimension Columns: Year, Id,Application Name, Region, Vertical Product Type(pivoted as Current and Recommended)

Expressions: 

Business Unit: = if(ProductType='Recommended',Concat(distinct BusinessUnit,','),Concat(distinct BusinessUnit,','))

Product family = = if(ProductType='Recommended',Concat(distinct ProductFamily,','),Concat(distinct ProductFamily,','))

Volume Exp =if(ProductType='Recommended',Num(SUM({Selection1}Volume), '#,###.00'),Num(SUM({Selection2}Volume), '#,###.00'))

Product Brand = if(ProductType='Recommended',Concat(distinct {Selection1}ProductBrand,','),Concat(distinct {Selection2}ProductBrand,','))

Untitled.jpg

Now I want add one more column in Expression Manufacturer_name 

How to add that column without any aggregation

Please help out this

Thank you in advance

B V S Sudhakar

7 Replies
bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@rwunderlich@sunny_talwar@Frank_Hartmann

Can you guys please have look and help me out from this

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

can you share the qvw and the expected output?
bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @Frank_Hartmann,

Please find the attachment and correct it whatever i made the selection of alternate states values should be match

Blue color table and blue color filter are actual one that actual one wants to change like this way (alternate state way)

Thank you in advance

bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In the above attachment i forgot to create the alternate state for one Product brand filter

can you please apply selection2 alternate state and write this calculated expression for that filter also 

=if(ProductType = 'Current', ProductBrand)

sunny_talwar

Are you looking for this in this chart?

image.png

I see few Manufacturer names showing up... can you elaborate on what you would like to see?

bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

I want see only those related fields which are selected. but here i am seeing all the rows.

I will elaborate more about my requirement. in the attachment above 3 are actual developed one's. But i client is asking this requirement

the user will see the new filters "Manufacturer" as a dropdown box for current and for recommended product    

Change in the result set table:

a. One new column Manufacturer under Current Category
b. One new column Manufacturer under Recommended Category

The user will be able to search for a result set targeting specific current and recommended product pairs, the pair can be multiple to multiple

e.g. current product: manufacturer = 3M, Bare Hand
recommended product: brand = Hyflex, Barrier

The result will show applications and metrics (Volume) that has used gloves of the selected criteria, which is current product of manufacturer 3M or Bare Hand and recommended product has Hyflex or Barrier in following combination

Both Current and recommended category shall be displayed at all time in the dataset

This is the requirement of my client.  So that i thought to achieve this alternate states is the only possible way.

Please suggest me how to achieve this 

and the attachment i haven't applied alternate state for one Product Brand Filter. Can you please apply state and edit the field also like this

Alternate state is Selection2, and field expression for Productbrand field is =if(ProductType='Current',ProductBrand)

Thank you in advance

bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you please have look for this