Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression - Return result if figure does not equal zero

I have a straight table that has a number of expressions which return numeric figures. On one of the expressions I need to filter out anything that does not equal zero. My current expression is Sum(Settled). What should my expression be to return: sum(settled), only if settled does not equal zero? The result would be that the straight table only shows results when the settled figure is not zero, regardless of what the other expressions return.Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes, you are right.

If you provide  qvw file, that will help me to understand it properly.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can use the set analysis for this. For example.

Sum({<Settled -= {"0"}>}Settled)

This will give you sum only when the settled is not 0.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki 

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks - I've tried that but its not working. Is it becasue all of the other expressions in the table need to contain the same statement - for example one column shows Tax - should I use Sum({<Settled -= {"0"}>}Tax) and so on for other expressions? Thanks.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes, you are right.

If you provide  qvw file, that will help me to understand it properly.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I have updated the other expressions and it now works