Expression / (count(total<site,VDate> Part)) / drill down issues etc
I’ve set up a simple example to explain an issue I have at work.
The business is a service company. The company incurs a callout cost for each distinct site and date visit. So if two calls (phone request to repair equipment) are attended in one visit only one callout expense are incurred.
I need to enter the cost (not revenue this is already in the system) in QlikView.
I can easily do this by downloading into Excel and then uploading. But I have tried for days (off andf on) to do the calculation completely in QlikView (without the download and upload) without success so far. (I'm possible missing the obvious)
The fields in the example are
Call (unique call number when call is received)
VDate (Site visit date to do the repair)
Site (equipment location)
Parts (parts used)
Assume a cost of £100 (for simplicity) per site visit
The method I used was as follows. Calculate costs in QV per call, vdate, site and part and then download into excel and upload as CallExpense (refer table below)
This works well. But I can not do this all in QV (as an expression preferably not script and expression) especially when filtering by various fields