Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerfwork
Contributor III
Contributor III

Expression to Count MAX value for individual dimension value

Hi All,

I'm struggling with a expression in a report. The raw data below is saying what product has been sold by which Customer.

CustomerCategorySubcategoryProductName
ABagTotebagTotebagA
ABagTotebagTotebagB
AShoesHeelsHeelsA
BShoesHeelsHeelsA
BShoesHeelsHeelsA
BBagTotebagTotebagA
CShoesHeelsHeelsA

I need to create a chart using 'Category' as dimension and show the MAX number of customer base on the highest number of purchase per category (Example, if 1 customer purchased 2 shoes and 1 bag, this customer should fall into Shoes category and should NOT show in Bag category. ). 

Example, I would like to get the expected result as below.

CategoryNumber of customerRemarks
Bag1Customer A, because customer A purchased 2 Bags. 
Shoes2

Customer B and C,

because customer B purchased 2 Shoes and customer C purchased 1 Shoes only

I been trying with below expression but the result is negative 😞

COUNT({<Category= {"$(=FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT Category,
-Aggr(Count(Customer), Category)))"}>} Customer)

MAX(Aggr(COUNT(ProductName),
Category,Customer))

Looking forward to your helps and thank you in advance! 🙂

Labels (2)
15 Replies
arpitkharkia
Creator III
Creator III

Oh, ok. Can you share some samples explaining the issue? A qvw or an excel. That may help us more. 

jerfwork
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Arpit,

Currently i'm using "Category" as my dimension. For the expression, i'm using the solution that provided by Gf.

COUNT(AGGr(max(aggr(count(Category), Customer)),Customer))

The result is fantastic in the testing qvw file. However, when i put this expression into my real report (With more raw data info). The number seem hay-wired. I added "Customer" as my second dimension in order to verify the result, but I realized it is randomly grab Category instead of my expectation (Base on purchased the most of the category).  

Please see below screenshot for more understanding. Based on the screenshot below, the Category should show "Bags" instead of "Shoes". but i have no idea why it is showing "Shoes".

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

I have not seen what others have provided... but this seems to be working

Count(Aggr(If(Count(Category) = Max(TOTAL <Customer> Aggr(Count(Category), Customer, Category)), Category), Customer, Category))
jerfwork
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Sunny! Your solution is working fine for me ! The information look correct.

May I ask if it is possible to add a condition into the expression? Because there is a situation like a Customer purchase 1 Bag and 1 Shoes. Using the solution that you provided, this customer will count as 2 instead of 1. Is it possible to get the latest purchase? Please see below reference.

Capture1.PNG

Thank you very much!

sunny_talwar

Here you are

Count(Aggr(If(
	(Max(TOTAL <Customer> Aggr(Count(Category), Customer, Category)) <> Min(TOTAL <Customer> Aggr(Count(Category), Customer, Category)) and Count(Category) = Max(TOTAL <Customer> Aggr(Count(Category), Customer, Category))) or
	(Max(TOTAL <Customer> Aggr(Count(Category), Customer, Category)) = Min(TOTAL <Customer> Aggr(Count(Category), Customer, Category)) and Category = FirstSortedValue(TOTAL <Customer> Category, -Date))
, Category), Customer, Category))
jerfwork
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Sunny! It's solved! 🙂