Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator

Expression to check value from same dimension

Hi guys,

I have a report with monthly data and I'm trying to check if a value for the same dimension has changed from the previous month.

For example, for the following "P", I have a chart with "YearMonth" in column ("202007" = Jul 2020, "202008" = Aug 2020) and in expression I've put another dimension ("TM") to have the value of "TM" for each YearMonth:

qv_bazz_10_0-1598539262514.png

As you can see, for the first "P" the value does not change from Jul 2020 to Aug 2020 (was and remains E) but for the second there's a variation from E to G.

Is there a way to check if there is a variation like the one you can see in the second record? Something basic like "Yes" or "NO" would be perfect.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

6 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

yes its posssible with set analysis or if statments.

please elaborate how you want to display it

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Dilipranjith,

first of all, thanks for your reply.

It's the same, maybe would be easier with an if statement but, if possible, could you please show me both ways?

Thanks again,

Andrea

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@dplr-rn Sorry about the notifications not working well at the moment, just wanted to let you know the poster did respond back to you, not sure the info provided is enough, but I will let you respond back on that.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Kushal_Chawda

@qv_bazz_10  You will have many months so how you are going check this condition?

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Kushal_Chawda ,

first of all I should check the YM (yearmonth, text field) to find any previous one, then I'd have to check the values to find out if there's a change, is there a way to do both tasks?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea