Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMG
Contributor III
Contributor III

Extra rows in table caused by table join

Hi, i have two tables

Table 1 - Resource

Table 2 - Vacancies

They share a common field "Team" which is fine, as i may wish to reference vacancy data from table 1 views.

However, if i create a table based solely on fields from table 2, but including the team value, i end up with extra semi-empty rows of data at the bottom of the table object.

For example

If i have the following teams, A, B and C. 
If i create a table object in the sheet based on recruitment data, it would show the fields, but for any of A, B, or C that doesnt have any recruitment data in table 2, i end up with a blank row at the bottom of my table, for that team, the only field being populated is that team field, e.g.

Person, Role, Team
xxx1, role1, A
xxx2, role 2, A
xxx3, role 3, C
blank, blank, B

Assuming that in the above example table 2 had no entires for B.

Is there an easy way to strip out those rows that dont contain data in table B from the table object ?

3 Replies
alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Can you may be share your sample data for the 2 tables and expected result? Thanks!

Kushal_Chawda

check the below option in table object properties

Annotation 2020-08-27 135219.png

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only other thing that came to mind is synthetic keys/tables in your data model:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Synthetic-Keys/ba-p/1472634

There is something else as well, just ran across this the other day.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Table_Box.htm

Be sure to check the note at the top there regarding the Cartesian, as that may be in play too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.