Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikWorld, June 24-25, 2020. Free virtual event for DI and DA gurus. Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Extract Data from Share Point List

Hi All,

I am trying to extract data from a share point list (that has some 500 odd rows) through RPC calls.

I am able to successfully create connection and load/extract the structure (30-40 fields) but no data is getting extracted. Any possible reason ?

Thanks in advance,

Karthick V.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Hi Anil, Avinash,

Many many thanks to all your Quick responses. Finally I figured out the issue.

The issue is just that the field names in the sharepoint and the way QlikView loads are different and it is causing the issue.

Eg.  In Sharepoint a particular field name  '[Company Name]' however QlikView reads it as 'ows_Company_x0020_Name'.

Thanks a bunch,

Karthick V.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Master III
Master III

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Highlighted

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Highlighted

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Are you trying to fetch data only Odd Rows. That mean Alternate Rows ?? Or else can you let us know whether you have good Sharepoint. Please look whether GUID is generated for list and view ??

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Hi PM, Avinash,

We have created a View and configured all of the settings as per the Qlik Suggestions.

While the connection is working out & I could see the structure, data is not getting extracted.

Thanks,

Karthick V.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Hi Anil,

No, we are trying to load all the rows.

GUID for list and View are created and below is how my load statement looks.

Load ID

from

[https://XXXXXXX/sites/bach/cr/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List=X%X%X%X%X&Vi...]

(XmlSimple, Table is [xml/data/row]);

FYI - There are exactly 485 rows (Proper data) in the share point list and Qlikview also loads 485 rows but all of them are NULLs.

Thanks,

Karthick V.

Highlighted

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

What format of data your loading ?? XML content ..check you data formats once

Highlighted

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Next Question, Does this format in XML or Tabular in share point link / JSON.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Hi Anil, Avinash,

Many many thanks to all your Quick responses. Finally I figured out the issue.

The issue is just that the field names in the sharepoint and the way QlikView loads are different and it is causing the issue.

Eg.  In Sharepoint a particular field name  '[Company Name]' however QlikView reads it as 'ows_Company_x0020_Name'.

Thanks a bunch,

Karthick V.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Extract Data from Share Point List

Glad to help you ..mark the helpful and correct answers