cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Facing this error : Out of virtual and/or logical memory allocating 0.0625 MB

hi all ,

i am new to  qlikview and i am dealing with the sql server connection to create dashboards in qlikview with max of 50k records.

i am facing this error : Out of virtual and/or logical memory allocating 0.0625 MB when i reload the data.

the qvw file stops responding and i will have to end it from the task manager.

how canthis be handled .. any suggestions or ideas would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Chandana gowdar

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are a number of possible reasons that can cause this error dialog to appear, and they all come down to: sorry, store is out of memory. Most often they are caused by:

• Badly constructed objects that try to link fields and rows that aren't linked in your data model, thereby creating Cartesian products.
  • Creating associations that make your resource requirements explode (for example butterfly charts where everything on the left connects to everything on the right through a few values)

In your case the problem may occur at the end of your load script run. After executing the very last script statement, QlikView has a look at the loaded data and tries to link table columns with identical names into fields and associations. If some tables have more than one field in common, synthetic keys will be created as a composite key replacement. Many common fields with identical names will create gigantic synthetic key tables, and will most probably consume all RAM and lock up QV Desktop and your document.

I would suggest that you check your Load script and make sure that initially no two tables have more than one field in common. If you don't know how to begin with that, put QUALIFY *; at the top of your script and UNQUALIFY *; at the bottom. This will not create the data model you expect (just a bunch of isolated tables) but at least you'll be able to reload the document and open the table viewer to inspect the tables you came to load. After that, you can decide on names, key fields and associations.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter ,

Thanks for the detailed explanation , but i would like to convey to you that i donot have any synthetic keys formed in my datamodel, yet i am facing this issue.

any thoughts on the same would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chandana

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Below given is the Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Qv.exe

Application Version: 11.20.12758.0

Application Timestamp: 55267aad

Fault Module Name: Qv.exe

Fault Module Version: 11.20.12758.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 55267aad

Exception Code: 40000015

Exception Offset: 000000000153a729

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.400.8

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: d7b2

Additional Information 2: d7b2ead565948072bdd3f633c3003745

Additional Information 3: 38e4

Additional Information 4: 38e466fca31d84f0e37e89177ba17a24

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

hope this info will help you to suggest the solution.

Thanks in advance,

Chandana

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You stated that you are "...facing this error... when i reload the data."

Do you mean that you get this error when the script is being executed (while the Progress-windows is still being displayed)?

Or do you get this error after the Progress-window closes and QlikView tries to fill and display some objects on the active sheet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this occurs after loading the data and the components will refresh the loaded data..

any idea why this is happening ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I gave you a couple of ideas in my first post. If it's not the load script or the data model that is causing problems, then most probably one of your UI creations is trying to do something unconventional.

After a reload, the first thing QlikView tries to do is recalculate the objects on the active sheet. Most probably one of those objects is the culprit.

What you can do is reopen your (empty) QVW, navigate to an empty sheet (or create one) and reload your data. An empty sheet doesn't have anything to recalculate so your document should at least become stable.

If that's the case (no error messages about not enough memory), you can use Settings->Document Properties->Sheets to select the sheet that was active when the error did occur, and from the list underneath use the Properties...-button to hide all "dangerous" objects (i.e. those that do something with the data from the data model). The charts/tables should be hidden for sure. Only then visit the target sheet. Next enable your objects one-by-one until the error reappears. Now you know which object has problems with cartesian products, invalid expressions, massive linking/calculations etc. Try to evaluate what goes wrong in this object by running off with all RAM. If you can't find a reason for this behavior, try to find a different way to implement the same object.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the suggestions Peter!!

Regards,

Chandana