Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to Open document. You don't have access to this document

Hi, i cannot open any QlikView documents through the Access Point. It has been working fine until Friday PM.

I now get the message Failed to Open document. You don't have access to this document pop up.

I have checked all the access on the folders and the section access and nothing has been changed from when it worked previously.

We have also re-booted the server but still no joy.

Running on NTFS, and i can open the report though the thick client.

Also have a cal assigned to my username

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and more importantly got a solution!!

Thanks

Kevin

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin,

I faced the same issue, the only difference was I was debugging the document with a limit load of 10. Now what limit load means is that, Qlikview will try to read only the 1st 10 lines in all the documents that you are referring in the script. Now in the Section Access document that I was maintaining my information was on the 12th row. Hence qlikview didn't understand me as a user and threw back the Access Denied Error. If your Qlikview Admin can open the document and go into debug mode and instead of limit load 10 change it to 100 and run it, it should work. 

Hope it helps. Good Luck.

Regards,

Janaki Venkitasubramanian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin

Can you please let me know which Qlickview version you are using.  it might be possible something was changed in the way QlikView authenticates. some possible case where you will get this kind of Error. see below

In QEMC, check to make sure your QVS service is running (Status --> Services). It may be running in Windows but sometimes shows as "Disconnected" in QEMC. You will get this error in that case. also can you please let me know which service are running.

And Make sure you have provided section access ADMIN credentials in QEMC.

Look at the attached image.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Go to QlikView file itself not folder and add a user in security tab.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I'm a bit late to the party, but maybe somebody else will find this solution helpful.

I just had the same problem with a document for which I tried to restrict settings.

In the Document Properties - Opening - "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" - "Strict Exclusion"

When I had the "Strict Exclusion" checked, I can no longer open the document from the server. With that unchecked, it works just fine.

I guess, as I have not any users defined, it restricts it for everybody and nobody gets access.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Matthias,

That is exactly the problem and thanks very much.

This is default not be checked. I forget about this setting I made some time ago.

Just a reminder of people use this function: if you use access control and would like to have really strict control rule for the .qvw file, then this option need be checked. This means even if admin has full access to all the .qvw files , but if a .qvw file use the access control script and did not set the admin access there, they will lose access and get this error when open the file in browser.

Zhihong

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this tip. Everything seemed to be running normally, but when I restarted the QMS windows service, this error disappeared.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know that, how to know if user has access to any document(.qvw file)?

As of now, I have implemented authentication using web ticket and working as expected.

But due some custom requirements, at the moment we are displaying more number of repport links to every logged in user, which cannt  be modified soon. So, but report level access/section access getting managed on Qlikview server/QMC.

But is user has access to given report(.qvw file), there is no issue but if user doesnt have access, then getting error as

"Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document".

Here is my application back ground..

I have integrated qlikview reports in to java web application, so wherenever user tries to open document, back ground I use webticket authentication and then open the report in browser, in iframe and using div integration.

Basically, I want to show user some kind of error page, other than "Failed to open document, You dont ******* ".

Please could you tell me , how to know that user  dont have access to given report/document(.qvw file).

I am using below url to open the document...

http://<Server>/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx?type=html&webticket=<webticket>&try=http://<Server>/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=sample.qvw&host=<Host>@<Server>

Your help is highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, rameshrepala,

Check my reply here and then you will know how to set a windows user/group access to a specific folder or .qvw file. That is security set on the folder or .qvw file in windows.

How to restrict view of a published document

Good luck.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Can you, please, share how did you fixe the issue? i'm facing the same problem!