Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poojask123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Failed to open document. Access point error

Hi Guys,

I am trying to access a qvw on Access point which has section access implemented. I have NT authentication for the users in my section access script, which looks like below:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, COUNTRY

ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER1

ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER2, *

USER, DOMAIN\USER3, UK

];

Section Application;

test:

LOAD * INLINE [

Data, COUNTRY

10, IN,

20, UK

30, AU

40, CH

];

I have enabled strict exclusion in the properties. I provided username,pwd for reload in QMC (I gave user2). When i try to access with user1's login, i get an error "FAILED TO OPEN DOCUMENT, YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS DOCUMENT".

I saw a few post and tried to do a reload and deleted .shared, .meta files. But nothing helped.

I am able to see the app with the other 2 users ( User2 and User3). Only user1 is getting this error. I want User1 to have access to all Conutry data.

Can someone plz help ?

Regards
Pooja

14 Replies
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Star is *;        <------this  in front of section Access, sorry  , I forgot!

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, COUNTRY

ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER1,*

ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER2,

USER, DOMAIN\USER3, UK

USER,,IN

USER,,AU

USER,,CH

];

Section Application;

test:

LOAD * INLINE [

Data, COUNTRY

10, IN,

20, UK

30, AU

40, CH

];

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That explains why user2 can see everything and user1 does not get access at all. When you set the star variable to * then * means all values instead of only the listed values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Allow me to disagree a bit Gysbert.

The Problem with the "Section Access"-part of the script is that

QlikView Seperates the Section Access table from the actual "datamodel".

This is why you never "see" the section Access table in your table model Viewer.

If you write "star is  * ; " in front of your section Access script, the "*" Symbol represents all listed values within the

field COUNTRY within the Section Access Part of the script.

After that QlikView builds up the Connection to the real datamodel. --> So if you only list Country UK in the section Access Part, all users  are reduced to only see UK (even if they have a "*").

Best Regars Philipp

Not applicable

Hi Pooja,

I believe you can see the dashboard in the access point, which means your section access code is correct.

But, when you are using '*' in your script, it will select all the listed values from Country column. But when you are using blank or null values for all Countries you should avoid using '*', else blank or null values will be treated as none. Hence you will get this kind of error.

Best would be use either '*' or blank for all values selection.

Can you please check if you have allocated Named CAL or DOC license to the mentioned user?

Regards,

Sakir

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pooja,

Ensure the dashboard has been allocated with sufficient document CALs in the below given location.

In QMC-->Under Documents -->User Documents-(Select the dashboard)-->Document CALs (on the right part of the screen)

Document CALs allocated to the document should be more than that the Document CALs assigned to users.