Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_insights
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Failed to open document - please help to identify the reason.

Hi Qlik Gurus,

When I am trying to open a Qlikview application I am getting the following error.

unknown error.PNG

I know that -128 is for resource unavailability, but why am I getting -3?

I am using Qlikview April 2019 SR3.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It could be that that document is using section access NTNAME field and your account is not there. Does that happen with QlikView Desktop as well as IE Plugin and Ajax client?
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Another thing to try would be to open with no data to see if that will work or not in the Desktop Client, as if it does, then that likely means something got messed up in the data model or an expression may be causing issues etc.  Just wanted to add this to what Miguel had to say.  You could try creating prj files from the app to try to recreate a new version too, but hopefully loading with no data may work, and then you can try to sort out what is causing it to go south after the data load.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.